1. Use Present Simple or Present Continuous:
a) He usually ____________ (drink) a couple of beers in the afternoon.
b) Why are you here? ____________________ (wait) for anyone?
c) His father __________________(not call) very often, but mine does.
d) This film is boring. I__________________ (fall) asleep..
e) When ________________ (come) to school? From Monday to Friday!
2. Use Present Perfect Simple or Past Simple:
1. He ____________ (live) in Vallecas all these years.
2. We ____________ (go) to Benidorm after we ______________ (finish) school.
3. She _____________ (start) driving when she was only 14 years old.
4. I __________________ (see) two good programs this year.
5. He ________________ (finish) cleaning the kitchen yet.
3. Use “Will” or “Be going to”:
a) I passed my exam! I _________________ (buy) something to celebrate.
b) Why is she so happy? Because we ________________ (go) to a restaurant tonight.
c) I failed! Don´t worry, Frank ______________ help you if you ask him to.
d) I have something clear: __________________ (go) to University next year.
e) I ______________________ (preparing) a party for my friends, so I must buy drinks.
4. Change from active into passive:
a) He must do the exercises completely __________________________________________
b) My father brought me to my friend´s. _________________________________________
c) They repair shoes in this shop.________________________________________________
d) Someone is growing beans here. ______________________________________________
e) He hit a man in the street. ____________________________________________________
5. Use modal verbs:
1. You ___________ wear a safety helmet in this place. It is advisable.
2. You ___________talk loudly in class. It is forbidden.
3. We ___________ get a good mark if we studied. Let´s do it!
4. People __________ smoke in this school. The law banned it.
5. It ___________________snow. Look at the clouds. It is too dark.
6. I_____________ help you if you want to get it done!
1. We would have gone to the shops if we _______________________(have) any money.
2. My mum will get angry if ________________________(not go) home.
3. If she ___________ (not come) to school, she wouldn't have obtained her title.
4. If I ___________________(see) you, I would have told you!
5. If I were you, I _________________ (ask) that question to the teacher.
7. Reported Speech:
1. “My bag is still in class”. She told me__________________________________________
2. “Be quiet!”. The teacher told me ______________________________________________
3. “Have you ever played this game?”. He asked me__________________________________
4. “What are you doing?” She asked him __________________________________________
5. “Don't be late for school!” The teacher told us____________________________________
8. Form nouns from verbs:
- arrive: ______________ - perform: ______________
- agree: ______________ - mean: ______________
- create: ______________ - accept: ______________
- refuse: ______________ - build: ______________
- ignore: ______________ - survive: ______________
9. Write a sentence using those words you created in the previous activity.